Thursday, September 10, 2015

My Hair Care Routine

For healthy and shiny hair




Smooth, shiny and healthy looking hair is nearly every woman's dream, but who actually has the time to go to the hairdresser every few weeks or do a lot of hairmasks?! My routine has been working so well for me that I though I would share my seven simple rules and tips I've been following, to keep my hair in shape.
1. As stupid as it sounds, you should try to wash your hair as little as possible. By this I don't mean every half a year, just try not to wash it every single day.  Wait till it gets greasy and you have to wash it. Otherwise it will dry out and you'll get split ends quite fast. If your hair gets greasy after only one day you could try using dryshampoo on the second-day-hair. After a few weeks your hair will start to adapt to washing it less, and it won't get greasy as fast.
2. Brushing your hair really rough is also quite damaging for your hair. Try to brush it after getting up in the morning and before you go to bed in the evening using a tangle teezer or something similar, that doesn't pull on the hair as much and won't cause as much damage to your hair.
3. While washing your hair, you should keep two things in mind. The shampoo is for the roots - and only for the roots - and the conditioner is for your "ponytail". If you put the shampoo to the ends of your hair, it will only dry them out faster, and vise versa goes for putting conditioner on top of your head right into the roots, which will make your hair go greasy a lot faster.
4. Another beauty hack in the shower is to blast your hair with cold water after you rinse out the conditioner. This will seal your hair pours and give it more shine.
5. I also think it's worth investing in a good hairmask if you have long or very damaged hair, because there almost is no better way to get moisture back into your hair. Use it every once in a while instead of your conditioner and leave it in for about 3-5 minutes. This will regenerate your hair and make it feel so much smoother.
6. Another very easy and not even time-consuming step towards healthier hair is to use a leave-in conditioner or spray after you have washed your hair. I don't know if the products I am using are available in your country, but I am currently using the "kms california moist repair leave-in conditioner", the "Wunder oil" by Garnier Fructies and for application to dry hair the "osis+ glamination smooth polish elixir" by Schwarzkopf.
7. Last but not least my tip about heat: Try to avoid it wherever you can! Let your hair airdry whenever it's possible and use the blow dryer only on low heat in combination with a heat protectant spray/oil if you can't get around avoiding heat. Same applies for curling wands and straightening irons! My favorite heat protecting spray is the "free shape hot flex spray" from kms california.
I hope you find these tips helpful and enjoy your shiny, healthy and smooth hair.
Ilaria :*


No comments:

Post a Comment