Wednesday, September 30, 2015

My Everyday Makeup Routine

Makeup | Minimal Everyday

Before I begin with my makeup routine you have to know that I don't wear makeup every single day. Whenever I say at home, visit close friends and just don't go in public I prefer no makeup at all or a simple BB cream. I am also the kind of person, that doesn't see the need to wear mascara every day, even when I go to university. But still most of my days I can't get around leaving my home an putting some makeup on.



At first I prime my face with the "Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer with Blemish Control" to even out my skin and make the makeup last longer. I also like the fact, that it's for blemish control any oil-free. Whenever I feel like my pores are extra visible I prime my nose chin and the spot right between my eyebrows - where I have larger pores - with the "Benefit - POREfessional pore-minimizing primer", which also prevents the skin from getting oily though out the day.

Then I put on my favorite tinted moisturizer called "bebe - Getönte Feuchtigkeitspflege" in the shade dark and make sure it's all blended in evenly. When applying a tinted moisturizer or a BB cream I prefer using my clean hands over a brush or beauty blender, because it gives a lighter and more natural finish.

Moving on to concealing my spots and dark circles, I am using the "Estée Lauder - Double Wear Concealer" in light/medium or the "Urban Decay - Naked Skin Concealer" in the shade fair/neutral whenever I am less tanned or want an extra brightening effect. Both these concealers are simply amazing and believe me I have to know, I tried nearly every concealer on this planet before I found those two. They are both not to thick or cakey and still have amazing coverage without creasing.

To set my concealer I always go over with a transparent powder, so that the concealer stays put and doesn't move through out the day. I'm using the "Essence - All about matt! fixing compact powder", because it gets the job done, but you can basically use every transparent powder you own.

My favorite part about doing my face makeup is always giving some color to the skin. Therefor I love using the "Benefit - Hoola Bronzer" or the "Essence - Sun Club matt bronzing powder" for lighter skin, to give the face some warmth and dimension. I much more prefer using the Hoola Bronzer because of its cool toned color, but I bought it in a set, which is why I can't travel with it. The Essence one is much cheaper but you have to be careful with how much you are using, cause it tends to look a little orange when you apply to much.

Now that we're done with the face, I always do my brows. When doing your brows it really depends on what your working with. I personally have quite full brows to begin with, so I only use some light brown eyeshadow and a liner brush to fill them in. When traveling I can recommend a brow wiz or any brow pencil that works for you.

Moving on to the eyes, I usually start with a very thin black line on my upper lid and then create a small wing at the end. My all time favourite liner is the "Maybelline - Master Drama Eyeliner" because this "pen-like" liner is very easy to use.
I often line my upper and lower waterline with a black liner as well, so the lashes look fuller. For me the "L'Oreal Paris - Infallible Eye Liner" does the job and stays nearly the whole day.
And last but not least, I put on a thin coat of "Maybelline - Lash Sensational Mascara" in black. Really make sure your lashes are separated to make your eyes look bigger and your lashes longer.

What are your favourite products?

Ilaria xx

No comments:

Post a Comment